Friday, July 2, 2010

Assalaamu Aleikum and hello . . .





Wow, I have been meaning to start blogging for quite some time now, and for some reason or another I never did until today.
Just spent 40 mins, getting it set up and just going thru getting to know Blogger. So many little editing options but I think I got it to a place I like. So where to begin...

Well I guess I'll start with a little info about me- I'm 26 as of a week ago, I'm married to a great guy, no kiddos yet, though we would love to have them, but Allah hasn't blessed us yet. Insha allah soon. I was born in the small European country of Bulgaria that is located on the Northern border of Turkey, on the Black Sea. Me and my parents moved to the States when I was 5, and I grew up here. I have gone back and forth between Europe and the States quite a bit, not being able to decide where I want to live. But for now I am in the States. I came to islam about 6 years ago, Alhamdulillah, and have had ups and downs since, in my striving to be a good muslimah. I have worn the hijab since I converted, so 6 years aswell, and though I have to admit it has been a struggle at times I have grown to think of it as a part of me and to accept it with all my heart.

Thats not to say that it is easy wearing it here in the US, but it has gotten easier to handle people's reactions, or rather, to not pay as much attention to people and their reactions, since as I have become more confident in my Islamic identity, I have also become stronger in dealing with negativity from the outside world. (More on that in later posts, though)


I love reading, writing, hijab fashion, and I am a psychology nut. This blog will be a random compilation of many things and subject of interest to me. I'd love for other bloggers to leave comments if they have any, and to share their blogs with me aswell. I think blogging is a great tool for people to share ideas and get to know other peoples point of view. Plus its is a great tool for meeting people from all over the world and exchanging ideas.


Welcome :))






4 comments:

aneebaba said...

As salaamu alaikum dear Sister - Just saw your comment on Sr. Jannah's blog (I'm 'WestCoastbaba') and just clicked your name, so thought I would stop by. :-)

Ma'sha'allah, wonderful to hear about another convert!

Wow, very cool, Bulgaria! I was born in the States, family is from India and I'm currently going to school in Europe! I'll definielty start following your blog :-)

Best wishes to you and Mr. Great Guy :-) I'm sure you'll be Blessed with little ones when the time is right insha'allah.

Please stop by my blog when you have time - I'm not blogging as much as when I started last year, but will try to share a few things here and there.

Take care.

Ma'salaam / Allah Hafiz.

Br. MF

Layla said...

Waleikum Salaam Br. MF,

Thanks for stopping by :) And jazakallah khair for your kind words and wishes!

Sounds like you have travelled aroung quite a bit aswell, mashallah! That must make for interesting stories and experiences. I will definatly be stopping by your blog :)

Good luck with your studies, and take care!

Masalaam :))

Jana said...

Welcome to the blogosphere :)

Love your profile pic!

Layla said...

Salaams and thnx Jana! I love ur blog aswell, it is one of my favs! Hope u stop by often! :))